Answered

VinylPlay not outputting sound?

• 17 January 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Hello all,

I've got a Gen2 Play 5 which I've connected to the Flexson VinylPlay via the line in cable, however, the VP doesn't appear to be outputting sound to the speaker itself.

I've adjusted the line in and double checked all the connections and everything is set up fine. I can stream music and radio stations to the P5 without issue, so I know it's not the speaker. I also adjusted the line in settings in the room settings on the controller, but I'm not getting anything out.

I can hear the turntable is playing sound through its own internal speakers at a whisper, but nothing else.

Any ideas? Does anyone have a technical support number for Flexson? I can't seem to find any helpful contact information on their site!

Thanks,
Andy
icon

Best answer by AndH81 17 January 2018, 16:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Just to check the obvious: have you actually selected Line In as the music source?
Badge +20
From memory I think you can adjust the line level out or switch it on / off but not seen one in the UK for a few years now so may be mistaken.

flexsoneuro@unlimited.com

Edit:
Brain says there was a on / off switch and output level knob on the right hand side.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Just to check the obvious: have you actually selected Line In as the music source?

Yep. I have 'Audio Component' selected as the Line-In.

I've tried everything I can think of, but it's driving me nuts. It seemed to stop working after the last controller update, but I've no idea if there's something to that or just pure coincidence.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Brain says there was a on / off switch and output level knob on the right hand side.

That's all as it should be; it's just not connecting to the P:5. 😕
Badge +20
You need to try another device on the Play 5 line in, such as a phone or tablet. Might have to adjust the level input and keep the volume low to start, this way you get to test the Play 5.
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Right! Fixed it.

Not sure why, but it wasn't recognising the Audio Component as a Line-In, so I switched to an Airplay device and that then started working! I then switched back to Audio Component and clicked 'autoplay', adjusted the autoplay volume and then boosted the Line-In values and it's now working all correctly!

I guess there must have been a bug in the software or something? Either way: if you're having this same problem: switch to airplay to 'trigger' the equipment and then switch back to the audio component and see if that works.

I appreciated that's right up there with ye olde 'switch it off and back on', but hey - it worked!!
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
You need to try another device on the Play 5 line in, such as a phone or tablet. Might have to adjust the level input and keep the volume low to start, this way you get to test the Play 5.

It's ok. Got it sorted now... see my last post. Not sure what the hell was going on, but it didn't recognise the Audio Component for some reason.
Badge +20
As long as it’s working, thats what counts.