Vinyl w/ Connect

• 6 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge
I would like to group a record player with a Connect and a receiver with a Connect. Has anyone tried this? I'm guessing there will be a delay. Any feedback would be appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I guess I'm trying to figure out why you want to connect the record player with a CONNECT, and a receiver with a CONNECT. Wouldn't it be easier to connect the record player with the receiver, and then the receiver with the CONNECT?

Anything being pushed in to the CONNECT using the analog in jacks will indeed have a small delay, so you would be hard pressed to use the speakers on the receiver at the same time as any Sonos speakers, but if they can't be heard at the same time (in different rooms, say), then I suspect you'd be fine.

To connect a receiver to a CONNECT, you'd want to use the tape inputs/outputs and connect to the CONNECT with RCA Cables.. Then you could play anything that is connected to the receiver (radio, record player, DVD player, MD tape, etc) and push it out to the Sonos ecosystem.

If I didn't hit any other details you're interested in, please feel free to ask.
Userlevel 1
The solution to this is to have the receiver play the Sonos output to its own speakers while simultaneously feeding the phone input to the CONNECT. One way to do this (if your receiver is old enough to have tape input/output) is to connect Receiver tape out to CONNECT Line In and Receiver Tape Monitor input to CONNECT Line Out.

The delays introduced by the CONNECT LIne In buffering present the same issue as delays in older high end tape players that had separate record and playback heads. That's why this solution works.

I guess I'm trying to figure out why you want to connect the record player with a CONNECT, and a receiver with a CONNECT. Wouldn't it be easier to connect the record player with the receiver, and then the receiver with the CONNECT?

Anything being pushed in to the CONNECT using the analog in jacks will indeed have a small delay, so you would be hard pressed to use the speakers on the receiver at the same time as any Sonos speakers, but if they can't be heard at the same time (in different rooms, say), then I suspect you'd be fine.

To connect a receiver to a CONNECT, you'd want to use the tape inputs/outputs and connect to the CONNECT with RCA Cables.. Then you could play anything that is connected to the receiver (radio, record player, DVD player, MD tape, etc) and push it out to the Sonos ecosystem.

If I didn't hit any other details you're interested in, please feel free to ask.
I am trying to just connect a turntable to my connect so that it plays throughly soundable. Any helps greatly appreciated I can't seem to get it to work.
Read the first page of: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/using-a-turntable-with-sonos-6769426
Badge +2
How i have mine hooked up is that my turntable has a built in amp... from there i go to connect in and then connect out to analog in on my reciever... now a can control my volume on my wired to amp speakers in my dining room...a play 3 in the kitchen and two play ones in the living room all at the same time with no delay... i5 the only way it will work.i can control the wired amp volume level from the sonos app too.