Question

Vibration from flexson Sonos One wall mount to wall

• 18 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
I have put a stereo pair of Sonos Ones in my conservatory. They are wall mounted on Flexson speaker mounts. One of the walls is a hollow box plaster board wall around the sewer pipe. Unfortunately this is creating vibration transfer from the Flexson wall mount to the wall. Does anyone know a way of preventing this, something between the wall mount and wall possibly?? Any (sensible) suggestions would be very welcomed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I mounted mine against the studs in order to avoid this. Not sure there's a lot that can be done, but I'd consider the thought of some sort of cushion between the wall and the mount, with the speaker mount screwed as tightly as possible? It might absorb some of the "flex" transmitted by the speaker before it hits the drywall, although I'm not sure, what with the screws needing to be there to hold it on.

I recently put a mousepad underneath a Sonos One that is on a shelf in my bathroom, as it was rattling a little bit with some low bass.

But I think at the end of the day, your issue really is will the plaster board, not with the speakers/mounts. I'd consider looking at moving them to somewhere on the wall that has more support behind them. Or even opening the wall, putting some strapping behind where the speakers will go, and then "repairing" the wall and remounting the speakers.
Badge +20
If you are in the UK these work very well on stud walls http://www.gripitfixings.co.uk

You could spread the load by fixing a bit of thick MDF and fix the bracket to it. Or a bit drastic if its really hollow drill some holes and fill it up with expanding foam - but if you overdo it the wall might explode and you woukd not want to be the person who ever has to do any work on that wall.