Using vogel universal Mounts for Play 1!

• 28 September 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi
Is it possible to use universal mounts for Sonos Play 1. Like the Vogel vlb 500. ?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Aarhus1995. Whilst it may be possible, it doesn't look to be. It differs so much from the appropriate one visually, I cannot imagine how it would attach... Perhaps someone can correct me if I am wrong...
I'd agree there's not enough information on their website to understand how the speaker attaches to the mount. Even the "product leaflet" doesn't show how. Aha, but the "mounting instructions" do seem to have some images that might pertain.

I'd think for a PLAY:1, you'd be looking at either 3D or 3E as a possibility....but no guaranty. And it definitely would not work for a Sonos One, which doesn't have a mounting post on the back of it.

Hard to tell, you might go to a shop where they sell both items, and see if someone would let you do some testing.

I'll have to admit that when I went for mounts for some PLAY:1s in my kitchen, I went with Flexsons, which seemed to be a bit more sturdy in the way they "held" the speakers.