Answered

Using Sonos Port to Play on 2 SL1s From FireCube THROUGH AVR

• 17 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I am redoing my garage and have an HD Projector mounted in the ceiling, sent to a 110” screen.  Previously, I had hard wired speakers through my AVR, playing content from my FireCube.  I purchased a new port and 2 new SL1s so that I could get rid of ALL the speaker cables for my 7.1 Setup.  I know im sacrificing surround sound capability for ease, but I’m OK with that.  I just can’t get sound to play through my new speakers.  Any suggestions?

Current setup:

HDMI OUT of Fire Cube 

to

HDMI IN - Sony AVR Video 

Mono Audio OUT 

to 

Sonos Port In.

Help!>!?!

Thank you!

SCarolina Man

icon

Best answer by buzz 17 March 2022, 21:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

What model AVR do you have?

In the Sonos app, have you selected the Line-In option in the Browse tab and selected the One SLs as your playback device?

As far as the A/V receiver is concerned, PORT should be connected as an analog cassette deck. A line level output from the receiver is connected to PORT’s Line-In and PORT’s Line-Out could be connected to a receiver input. 

Note that many receivers will not convert a digital input from an HDMI or other digital input into an analog. output.