Question

Using Line out on Connect

• 24 August 2017
  • 2 replies

Greetings All, I've just recently purchased a connect and a play 1 as my starters. Everything set up fine and I'm pleased with the sound quality. My difficulty now is getting sound out of my receiver (reason I purchased connect so as to "connect" with my A/V receiver) I have it connected with the supplied RCA cables to my CD line in. No sound coming out of my wired speakers on receiver. I've connected several audio components into that CD line in and PRESTO, I have sound. Connect cables back to the connect unit and nothing (music is still coming from play 1 speaker though)
Any suggestions? I'm I missing something blatantly obvious?
Thanks
MRod

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Is the volume slider on the Connect moved enough to the right? Assuming that you are seeing the Connect playing music on the controller. And if the play 1 speaker is playing, have you grouped that with the Connect on the controller?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You are connected to the Audio out on the sonos, not the in?

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod40/dw/image/v2/ABCG_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-sonos-master/default/dw02325ff1/images/connect/connect-back.png?sw=400&sh=400&sm=fit

If you touch the plug on a set of 3.5mm headphones to the end of your RCA cables you should be able to hear the music at a low level as a test that the Sonos is working too.