Question

Using Headphones (wired or Bluetooth)

• 7 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Hello. I have a playbar and connect amp. The audio on my connect amp is being used for my turntable. How do I listen to records using headphones? Is there a way to split the audio and also convert a/v to 3.5mm in the same cable? Can I use a Bluetooth transmitter? If so, how? Thanks! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You can get a Y type RCA cable to split the signal, you can listen directly to that using headphones but the volume will be limited. You could hook your BT transmitter to the Y cable, that would likely sound better.

You can get a Y type RCA cable to split the signal, you can listen directly to that using headphones but the volume will be limited. You could hook your BT transmitter to the Y cable, that would likely sound better.

Hey for some reason my ALPO17 login was not working. I am still confused how this cable will help me? How can I hook up a BT transmitter and my turntable into the connect amp at the same time? I apologize for my ignorance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey for some reason my ALPO17 login was not working. I am still confused how this cable will help me? How can I hook up a BT transmitter and my turntable into the connect amp at the same time? I apologize for my ignorance. 

You’d need to use a cable that sends the audio from the turntable to 2 outputs. One would go into the line-in on your Connect:Amp, and the other output would go to your Bluetooth transmitter. When using the headphones, the Connect:Amp would receive no signal from the turntable.

You’d need to use a cable that sends the audio from the turntable to 2 outputs. One would go into the line-in on your Connect:Amp, and the other output would go to your Bluetooth transmitter. When using the headphones, the Connect:Amp would receive no signal from the turntable.

Oh ok. That makes sense. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Oh ok. That makes sense. Thank you! 

No problem. Let me know if you have any more questions.