Answered

Using Arc As Rear Speaker

• 4 September 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello! I recently purchased a set that included Arc, Sub (Gen 3), One SL (Pair), but I’m now realizing that I will not be able to use all the components together due to the layout of the room and placement of the TV. As we figure out what to do, I’m hoping that a Sonos savant on here could answer the following:

1. can I use the Arc as the rear speaker (behind where we sit while watching TV) and the pair of Ones as the front speakers (next to the tv)
  2. I have the option of hanging the Arc above the TV but it will be a few inches from the ceiling. I’ve read this is a bad idea. True?
  3. If I decide to not use the Arc, is it possible to just pair the Ones with the sub?

Thanks for your thoughts!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 September 2021, 03:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

1. No, the Arc cannot be used as a rear speaker.

2. The Arc uses two upward firing drivers when playing Dolby Atmos audio to produce height effects. Mounting the Arc a few inches from the ceiling would block those drivers and probably distort the sound.

3. You can use the Sub with a pair of Ones, but there is no good way to connect this setup to a TV for a home theater setup unless you want to rely on Bluetooth or AirPlay.