Question

Using a third party Powered Sub

• 12 July 2017
  • 9 replies

Can I connect my Paradigm 110 powered subwoofer to the Sonos Connect Amp Sub output?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Sure. Any powered sub can be used with the sub output on the Connect:Amp.
i would buy a player if we could use an external sub. any chance of that happening. I have an rel that blends with just about any speakers.
Because the Sonos Sub integrates via wireless/DSP with Sonos kit I can't see Sonos play units working with a REL sub in future. The only Sonos solution that would do so is one that has a Connect Amp in it.
That what I was afraid of . If it had RCA outs it would work just don't want to add all the additional products.

Thanks
I have a playbar and 2 play1s. I guess I can use this device to get my non-sonos sub to work well with my sonos system ?
Just split the optical signal from my TV.
https://www.kjell.com/no/produkter/lyd-og-bilde/kabler-og-adaptere/rca-lyd/signalomformer/digital-til-analog-omformer-med-switch-p69170

Stian
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have a playbar and 2 play1s. I guess I can use this device to get my non-sonos sub to work well with my sonos system ?
Just split the optical signal from my TV.
https://www.kjell.com/no/produkter/lyd-og-bilde/kabler-og-adaptere/rca-lyd/signalomformer/digital-til-analog-omformer-med-switch-p69170

Stian

I can't imagine there is any confidence that the SUB and the Playbar would be synchronised. At the price of that kit I'd be selling my existing Sub and buying a Sonos one
The price is in NOK. You will probably find the kit for 30$. And the sub will receive the exactly same signal as the playbar at the same time so should be no problem with sync.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Might as well give it a try
Yes worth a try. But then again if this will work I can just use the stereo out on my Samsung tv and connect that directly to the sub ? The Playbar will then play the same signal from the optical cable as the stereo out on the tv ? Will at least try that out before bying the sonos sub. Tried the sonos sub a few times but does not play as well as the one I have for my other stereosystem.