Question

Using a single Play 5 with a Playbar

• 3 November 2016
  • 1 reply

I have just bought a Play 5 and wanted to add this to add some extra sound to the existing Playbar connected to my television. I have set this up and experimented with grouping and tried to use surround sound with just one speaker. But none of this works well and I end up with a kind of echo effect. If I stream music however using them grouped it sounds great. So I am thinking this is due to the connections being different. The Playbar is connected to the TV by cable. Can anyone offer advice? I could buy a second for surround sound but obviously expensive and a bit OTT for the room size.

I struggle to hear the TV as a bit deaf in one ear so the idea was to boost sound near me at the back of the room.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
A single play:5 you can't pair as a surround. Grouping theoretically should play in stereo to match up with playbar but the delay is about 50ms different giving you echo. I don't know if you can play with lip sync setting on playbar to get them a little closer together. But playing together with playbar in same room your really meant to have two speakers paired not grouped as real surrounds.