Updating TV configuration with Sonos Amp

• 29 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello everyone,

I am using right now this configuration in my living-room/tv :

• TV : 1 Playbar + 1 pair of Sonos 1 as surround + Sonos Sub
  • Vinyl : 1 amp (cambridge audio) + 2 bookshelf B&W + 1 turntable

I would like to mix the setup like this

• TV : 1 Playbar + Sub + 2 Bookshelf B&W connected to the Sonos Amp (2019) as surround + turntable connected to Sonos Amp

The goal is to use ONE system for TV and/or vinyl (not at the same time of course).

Can someone confirm the pair of B&W would have the same result as the two Sonos:1 as a surround ?

Thanks for you help,

Benjamin

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

As soon as you set up the Amp as the driver for your surround speakers, the line in is disabled, so you wouldn’t be able to connect your turntable to it. 

Gah, hit enter too early. I’d just replace the Cambridge Audio Amp with a Sonos Amp, and then you get all sources in your Sonos system, and can play the turntable on both the B&W speakers as well as the PLAYBAR and Sub. 

Thanks Bruce. Ok to listen to my turntable with the playbar :thumbsup:

And what if after that, I want to watch TV ? Does the group “Living room” (playbar+amp+sub) will use the Amp with B&W as surrounds ?

No, as I said, the Sonos Amp turns off the line in when set up to do surround speaker duty. While you could potentially reset the device up every time you wanted to change between the two functions, that would become tedious. I would get a pair of Sonos One SLs for surround duty, and use the Sonos Amp with B&Ws for turntable use.

OK, sad :( I already have a pair of sonos:1 but i try to keep only 1 pair of speaker :sleepy: