Question

Two rooms stereo

• 6 October 2016
  • 4 replies

I have an open plan apartment where the living room and kitchen are semi connected. In the kitchen I have a play 5 and ind the living room I have a playbar and a sub. The living room is hooked up to the TV. I often play music grouped but it would be awesome if I could have stereo with the kitchen as on side and the living room as the other. Is that possible?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No, you can only stereo pair identical models (and that doesn't include the Playbar).
Cheers LHC, thanks fast and straight up reply. Sonos you should sort this.
You want to listen to just one channel in the kitchen and the other in the living room? Why do you think that would sound better than grouped play?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Cheers LHC, thanks fast and straight up reply. Sonos you should sort this.

Kumar is correct. There isn't anything to sort.

- If you had speaker of the same model and paired them as stereo in different rooms you would get the stereo separation but if would most likely sound not very good as you would never likely be in a sweet spot and the music isn't designed to be heard that way.

- If you are trying to make a stereo pair from 2 different speaker, well that just doesn't make sense. How are you going to get the same SPLs for a start?