Two Connects? Three?

• 24 December 2012
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
I'm just about to take the Sonus plunge. I have two different receivers in the house: A pioneer sc-65 with surround sound set-up and and a Denon AVR-2808 with a couple bookshelf Bose speakers.

I'd like to utilize the existing speakers attached to both receivers. Is that possible? Would I just attach a Connect to reach of the two receivers? Would the music stay in sync?

I also have a separate pair of Klipsch speakers sitting around....could those attach as well with a Connect-AMP?

I'm just not sure if I'm limited to one connect or if multiple connects can work and stay in sync.

thanks for the help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
I'd like to utilize the existing speakers attached to both receivers. Is that possible?

Welcome to the Forums!

You can connect a Sonos CONNECT to any amplifier if the Digital Out (optical or coax) or the Analog Audio Out from the Sonos CONNECT can be connected to your amp.

Would I just attach a Connect to reach of the two receivers?

Yes.

Would the music stay in sync?

Yes.

I also have a separate pair of Klipsch speakers sitting around....could those attach as well with a Connect-AMP?

If they are active speakers (with an amp built in them, that is) you'd need a CONNECT. If they're not, you'd need a CONNECT:AMP.

I'm just not sure if I'm limited to one connect or if multiple connects can work and stay in sync.

No matter how many CONNECT's, CONNECT:AMP's, PLAY:3's or PLAY:5's you'd add to the system: it will always be in perfect sync.
Badge +5

No matter how many CONNECT's, CONNECT:AMP's, PLAY:3's or PLAY:5's you'd add to the system: it will always be in perfect sync.

Are you sure about this? When using one connect with the analog connection, and another with the optical output, the connected amplifier in the latter case might cause some delay. Outside the control of Sonos, but still a delay. I think this might happen with every digital output that you are using.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Are you sure about this? When using one connect with the analog connection, and another with the optical output, the connected amplifier in the latter case might cause some delay. Outside the control of Sonos, but still a delay. I think this might happen with every digital output that you are using.

The one domain in which Sonos excels is perfect synchronization, multi zones, multi players. When grouping the CONNECT with any other Sonos player, full synchronization is guaranteed only at the Sonos player outputs.
I have two receivers in different locations. Can I connect both to sonos?
I have two receivers in different locations. Can I connect both to sonos?Yes you can. You need a Connect for each.
thanks John B