Question

TV compatabilty

• 3 December 2016
  • 5 replies

Just quick question , Ive just purchased a sound bar and sonos 1 pair , I just wanted to know if my TV will connect ok it's got a optical output model samsung ue55js8500 , is that all I'm gonna need ? Also will the sonos 1s act as surround sound and connect through the soundbar ?!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Ryang1982,

Welcome to the Sonos Community,

Your TV has an Optical out so it should work with the PlayBar

http://www.samsung.com/nl/consumer/tv-audio-video/televisions/s-uhd-tv/UE55JS8500LXXN

The Play1 will work as a surround but you need two of them.
Excellent , ye I've ordered two play1s will the sound bar and play1 play everything that plays through the TV ie playstaion and android box
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I like to set my surrounds on "full" as I get more sound out of them that way. Personal choice. Also a lot depends on what the Playbar is being given.

Go to "about my sonos system" and see what the input is to the PlayBar. It can only put out what it is given.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Not sure how you have things connected but, yes the PlayBar will put out what ever sound the TV is playing from.

Tip:
Have one of your Sonos products hardwired to your router and at least a meter from the router, that way you can use SonosNet.
Ok thats good then , Ye my router is at back of the TV, so should I run the playbar to it ?! , Everything I run is to a seperate hdmi connect mini and that got the optical out port on it .