Question

Turntable turns on TV with new Sonos Amp

• 1 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
My new Sonos Amp is hooked up to a Sony TV through the HDMI Arc cable and an Apple TV 4K is hooked up with HDMI also to the TV. My turntable is connected to the line in port and works great. My problem, and I haven’t seen anything about it, is that when I play a record it turns on both the TV and the Apple TV. Is there anything I can change in settings to prevent this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Alan Mead

In the Sonos app for the Line-in for the turntable make sure you don't have the room for your TV set as "AutoPlay".
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks AjTrek1. I checked and the “AutoPlay” setting is off.
Alan Mead,

I understand that there are two different autoplay settings for the Amp, as follows:

...More/Settings/Room Settings/'Amp Room'/TV/TV Autoplay
...More/Settings/Room Settings/'Amp Room'/Advanced Audio/Line-In/Autoplay Room

What happens if both are set as either 'none'/'disabled'?
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thank you, Ken_Griffiths. It is set for TV AutoPlay. If I disable this it will maybe solve that issue; but will it still turn on automatically when I turn on the TV with the Apple remote? The way it is now when I press menu on the Apple TV it turns on the TV and the redirects the sound to the Sonos Amp and to the bookshelf speakers I have connected to it. Maybe by solving one problem I will create another?
Thank you, Ken_Griffiths. It is set for TV AutoPlay. If I disable this it will maybe solve that issue; but will it still turn on automatically when I turn on the TV with the Apple remote? The way it is now when I press menu on the Apple TV it turns on the TV and the redirects the sound to the Sonos Amp and to the bookshelf speakers I have connected to it. Maybe by solving one problem I will create another?That maybe the case, but there’s certainly no harm in trying the suggested setting, just to see if it resolves your initial issue first of all.

Then also test your ATV 'remote' to see if it has made any difference, bearing in mind that the ATV box also uses HDMI-CEC control too, assuming you have not disabled that feature in your ATV Settings.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks! I will try that tomorrow and post if it makes a difference.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Thanks, Ken_Griffiths, I disabled TV AutoPlay and LineIn AutoPlay. The result was that when turn on the Apple TV the TV doesn’t turn on. Since we only occasionally use the turntable I think I will live with the issue rather than disabling the ATV from turning on the TV automatically. By the way, the Sonos Amp works very well with great sounding music and clear TV dialogue.