Answered

Turntable to Port Line-in Autoplay not working

Badge

I have my turntable (Pro-Ject: T1 BT) plugged into the Port and when playing a record the autoplay does not start. 

However, I can go into the Sonos app and select manually Line-In as the source and the record will play into the room to my Beam. 

I have rebooted the system and no dice. Pretty frustrating that Autoplay doesn’t work and having to select the source manually every time. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 May 2021, 16:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you sure you have Autoplay enabled and the Beam set as your Autoplay speaker under the Port’s line-in settings? Does setting the Source Level higher make a difference?

Badge

Thanks for the prompt response. 
That’s correct, autoplay enabled, and Beam is selected as autoplay speaker. Source level is at 10 and doesn’t seem to make a difference.

Userlevel 7

I wonder if it has something to do with TV Autoplay on the Beam. Have you tried disabling TV Autoplay and testing it?

Badge

I thought that was it too but I have tried having TV autoplay disabled; doesn’t help it. Strange! 

The phono preamp is turned on in the turntable? 

And have you tried the ‘reboot the Port by unplugging it’ Hail Mary?

Badge

Phono preamp is turned on.

Okay, I have not rebooted the Port by unplugging it; will do that when I’m back home and report back. Thanks guys 

Badge

Alright, I’ve unplugged the Port and put it back, no luck at all. 
I still have to select the Line-in from the iOS app to be able to listen to the records. 

Userlevel 7

Is your TV on or sending an audio signal to the Beam when you start a record? If you stream music to the Beam and then start a record, does Autoplay work?

Badge

I have tried below 4 scenarios but Autoplay doesn’t kick in. 
- No audio signal from TV or streaming to Beam

- TV sending audio to Beam

- Streaming music through Airplay to Beam

- Playing music from Sonos app

Userlevel 7

Try resetting the Sonos app under App Preferences and rebooting your phone. Also reboot your router and unplug the Port and Beam from power for about a minute.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ammadz 

Are you still having this problem? If so, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

If you’ve fixed the issue, however, could you please mark the Best Answer? Thanks.

Badge

Hi Corey,

Thanks, I’ll surely contact the technical folks. 
Resetting the system did work on the initial autoplay from Port (turntable) but as soon as I played music from Sonos iOS app, Autoplay from Port did not work. 
many thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ammadz 

One more thing to try before calling in is to reduce the input level for the Port - level 10 might be picking up any noise so much it thinks it’s a signal, and therefore doesn’t react when an actual signal comes through.

Please see our Adjust Line-In settings page for instructions.

Badge

@Corry P 

i had tried this before, in fact on every level, it didn’t do a thing. I’ll reach out to tech team and see if they can work the magic. 

Badge

@Corry P

rather disappointing, having spent over 30 mins on Technical support phone queue and without being able to speak to anyone on this issue, I’ve given up. 
Dialling to Europe from the Maldives isn’t necessarily cheap either but hey it’s the only option provided for me to contact support. 

No Autoplay for me then! 

Thanks everyone for having offered their support to resolve the issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ammadz 

I’m sorry to hear that you couldn’t get through - and that you had to pay for the call!

One thing you can try is a factory reset of the Port - we prefer not to do this without gathering diagnostics first, but it’s worth a shot.

Once the Port has been reset, the S2 app will detect it and offer to set it up - don’t worry if you still see it in the app before this as it can take a while for the app to realise the Port is no longer connecting.

Badge

Hi @Corry P 

I have reset the Port and the same result; it works once. From moment another source of audio or stream music from the phone, after that it doesn’t trigger Autoplay from the Port.

This has taken enough of my time now; I’d continue to select Line-in from the iOS app every time I listen to records. 

thanks!