Question

Turntable dropping out

• 22 July 2017
  • 3 replies

My issue is I have three Play 1's and one Connect with a turntable/preamp connected to it. My internet/router is plugged into a single Boost and I direct connected my Connect to the Boost. My turntable cuts out though and I have to jack the volume way up. I'm wondering if I have it set up correctly. Might need some walking through. Help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I found the 'Compression' setting in the Sonos App. Its located under Settings/Advanced Settings/Audio Compression. Ill keep an eye on it and see if it helps.
Im having the same issues. I am trying Kumar's suggestion, but I do not see an option listed for 'compressed'. Where is this located? I seem to get this problem when I group my living room with my office (where my turntable and Connect are located). If I keep it only in the Office group, the dropout goes away? Could there be an issue with the Connect being hardwired into the internet? Cheers.
In line out settings, use the Compressed option, and move the level to 8. That should fix both issues. There is also a way to use airplay option to avoid using Compressed, see this thread for details:
https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/using-a-turntable-with-sonos-6769426