Question

Turntable connected to Playbar?

• 6 December 2017
  • 3 replies

Hi
I have a turntable with preamp and Playbar currently connected to TV.

I know the way to connect the turntable is to use a Sonos Connect, however can I use a 2 into 1 optical unit plugging both TV and Turntable in and then use Playbar to play from turntable (obviously with TV off)

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I'd certainly think so. I don't think the PLAYBAR cares one way or the other where the digital signal is coming from. But generally speaking, most of those 2 into 1 devices I've seen for optical don't have the ability to take a analog signal from a turntable and turn it to digital. But then again, I don't look at these things, not having the need in my home for something like that.
Hello-I am curious if author had to purchase a Sonos Connect or if you were able to connect both the TV & turntable with preamp to the Playbar directly without extra equipment?
You would need an analog to digital converter with RCA input and optical output, and then an optical switch to allow you to choose turntable or TV without physically swapping cables. The total cost would be a small fraction of the cost of a Connect.