Answered

Turntable

• 16 January 2021
  • 8 replies

I want to add a turntable to my Sonos setup. I have a sub, playbar and Sonos ones in the room I want to add the turntable to. What do I need to connect a deck to this setup? A Sonos Port or Connect or Connect amp? Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 January 2021, 17:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

You may want to review this FAQ

You may want to review this FAQ

So does that mean I need the connect amp then? I want to directly plug the turntable to that but will the connect amp stream through my whole system? 

Any Sonos device that has an analog line in will accept a line level input from any audio device. 

So, in the ‘no longer manufactured’ line, that is the CONNECT, the CONNECT:AMP, or the PLAY:5. These choices can have implications on what Sonos OS you can run.

From the current line up, these devices have line level line ins: Port, Amp, and Five. 

Due to the common confusion and dishonesty in the resale market, I’d recommend a Port. 

Any Sonos device that has an analog line in will accept a line level input from any audio device. 

So, in the ‘no longer manufactured’ line, that is the CONNECT, the CONNECT:AMP, or the PLAY:5. These choices can have implications on what Sonos OS you can run.

From the current line up, these devices have line level line ins: Port, Amp, and Five. 

Due to the common confusion and dishonesty in the resale market, I’d recommend a Port. 

Cheers for that, that's answered it perfectly 👍

Sorry to be a pain but if I buy the port do I still need an amp for the record deck?

Cheers

Liam

The Amp would only be needed if you were powering a set of non-Sonos speakers. And you’d only need one device, it would be an either / or, never a both situation.

And I’m generalizing, for those playing along at home. There are cases where you could use both devices, if you were powering other speakers and your record player was nowhere close enough to the turntable in order to run wires.

The analog line in gets the signal into the Sonos ecosystem, at that point, you can send it to any player or group of players in your Sonos system that you want. 

And I’m generalizing, for those playing along at home. There are cases where you could use both devices, if you were powering other speakers and your record player was nowhere close enough to the turntable in order to run wires.

The analog line in gets the signal into the Sonos ecosystem, at that point, you can send it to any player or group of players in your Sonos system that you want. 

Thanks again for the spot on info. Cheers I will get the port then. 

Cheers

Liam 👍