Answered

Turntable & Sonos Speaker

• 10 August 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi all-  This may have been answered in a thread already, but I’m gonna go ahead and throw it out…

I just purchased a Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB turntable – build amp & BT.  I also purchased the Sonos One wired speaker – I thought this would have a re-chargeable battery – apparently it doesn’t but I’ll address that separately.

I cannot get the turntable to connect with the speaker so I guess I’m missing something.  The turntable will connect, thru BT, with my TV sound bar, but I want it to connect with the Sonos speaker so I can move the speaker wherever in my home I’d like while I re-live listening to vinyl records.

Can someone tell me what I’m missing… please??

in advance for the help…

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 10 August 2020, 18:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You should have purchased the Sonos Move which has a battery and can accept a BT connection - the Sonos One can do neither.

I’ll try that, thank you very much!  And I may have consumed too much red-wine, which may have been the problem.  thanks again!

Hello again, I have purchased the Sonos move and still cannot connect to my turntable via Bluetooth.  I thought for sure I would be able to connect the turntable as is I can connect the Sonos Move to my TV’s sound bar and my iPhone via Bluetooth.  Apparently, I'm still missing something? I even double checked my turntable as it is a pro-ject model, T1-BT. Is there another component that I need to purchase?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Please look at these steps: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3570?language=en_US

Userlevel 2
Badge

Did you get it to work? I just bought this $99 dollar bluetooth from target (heyday) and it works with the sonos move. It works great, sounds great.. I’m very pleased with this solution. so now i have one turntable upstairs (Audio Technica AT LP120) which works great thorughout the house wifi, and then the Target Heyday bluetooth one that works with the sonos move in bluetooth mode.. so stoked!