Trade Up - Engadget Article

• 7 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yesterday Engadget posted an article that Sonos will continue the 30% discount on eligible devices to trade up, but will give the option to keep the old device vs. recycling it.  I don’t see any evidence on Sonos that this it true.  Can anyone here clarify?  I have a Connect Amp that I guess is a bit older than my other 2 Connect Amps and is eligible for the trade up program.  I have an issue with bricking a perfectly good piece of equipment but will instantly update to the latest AMP and gift my Connect Amp to my nephew in college - if this is an option.  Good for the economy and I’m sure my nephew will become a life long Sonos fan after using my older amp.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

It is very much true, although Sonos is being very tardy in saying so here. The sensible thing to do would be to wait for the release of the new workflow to get the discount without offering up an existing product for hara kiri.