Answered

Trade In/Trade Up for older gear

• 1 May 2017
  • 3 replies

I've got some older Sonos gear (4 ZP100s + 2 CR100s) that is working fine, but I'd love to upgrade to newer stuff. Does Sonos (or any retailer) have any kind of trade-in program for older units? Or am I stuck trying to sell it on CL/Ebay or recycling it?
icon

Best answer by ratty 1 May 2017, 20:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I've never seen any retailer in the US with such a program.

If you're going to replace then indeed, CL/eBay might be the best place.

But why do you feel the need to replace, if it's working fine? I'd certainly agree with adding new stuff, but why replace the older units?
If it's all working fine I see no reason to upgrade the ZP100s. They're still fully supported. Sure, they only have SonosNet 1.0, but if the wireless connections ain't broke...

That said, ZP120/CONNECT:AMP uses less power and runs a bit cooler.

As for the CR100s you might find an eBay buyer, but their batteries are likely to be end-of-life so caveat emptor.

If you were to sell the ZP100s, you might actually find they command a decent eBay price on account of their extra connectivity options compared to CONNECT:AMP.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Even older units work with Alexa (and future Google). What units do you have you would want to upgrade. There really is no reason at this point to upgrade (unless you consider going from a Play:1 to Sonos One the upgrade you want).