Answered

TOSlink "too small" for Sonos Connect Digital Audio Out

• 2 August 2018
  • 2 replies

I recently purchased a Sonos Connect. Previously I had used an Apple Airport Extreme to stream music from my macbook pro to my audio system. When I went to plug in the TOSlink, it was "too small" for the input plug. I could almost turn the TOSlink connector around in the slot.

All 3 TOSlink cables I have have 2 "bumps" opposite one another. I have attached a picture with arrows pointing to the bumps, thinking it might help.

The digital input on the Connect looks more like what some on the interweb have described as being D-shaped.

What am I missing here? In other words, why won't my TOSlink cables work in the Sonos Coneect?

Thank!!
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 2 August 2018, 02:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What happened to the TOS connector on the Connect? It looks like someone had pried off the dust cover.
I think you’ve hit the head on the nail. I purchased this off eBay. The seller said that he had tested the RCA and digital outputs and they were good. Well, I guess the digital couldn’t work w/o the cover. Guess I’ll have to talk to the seller.

Thanks for the quick detective work.