It's been a while since we had one of these threads and since then we've had the launch of new software, incorporating the much requested last.fm, and a new iPod/iPhone based controller.
Sonos have ticked a lot of boxes for owners with these new 2.6/2.7 releases, so where does that leave you when it comes to new features? There are hundreds of ideas on the forum, but which are your most important ones? Which would you like them to implement before all others?
If each forum user were to post their top 5 features, this might give Sonos a good idea of where to go next and how to prioritise new features for a future release. I suggest people list a maximum of 5, to focus on just the most wanted functions.
Here are mine:
1) Virtual Zones - Ability to semi-permanently join 2 or more ZPs together and assign them a single name to appear in the zones list. This way you can add/remove this virtual zone in one click - not continually adding/removing the individual zones.
2) Timed zone grouping - With an alarm based trigger, it would be nice to be able to link/unlink specific zones at defined times automatically.
3) Line-in alarm - The ability to set an alarm to play an external source at the requested time.
4) Napster UI improvement - It works just fine but I'd like, for example, the ability to easily see the artist name in the new release albums list.
5) Digital line-in - Allow an external source to be connected through co-ax or optical digital connection.