Answered

third party subwoofer

• 30 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I want to connect a pair of JBL control 60PS/T subwoofers to my Sonos system. 
they are not powered. Is it possible to connect the sub out on the Sonos amp to line in on another amp (not Sonos) to power the subs? I’m not too familiar with audio installations. Hope the question makes sense.  

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 30 December 2020, 22:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes, that will work well. There are quite a few single channel amps designed for powering subs that might work for you. A stereo one would too but you’d only want to use one channel unless your sub has dual voice coils.

Thank you for the reply. I’m still a little confused. By single channel amp, would be connecting both subs to the same connection point on back of amp? I wouldn’t need 4 terminals for the speakers (2 + , 2 - )  

I just afraid of damaging my Sonos equipment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I missed the “Pair” with two of them you would want use a stereo amp and a Y RCA cable to split the Sonos output to both amp channels input.

You won’t damage your Sonos by messing around trying different connections as long as you don’t hook it to the speaker power terminals.

Perfect! Thank you for the help.