Terrible refund service anyone else experience this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
So I ordered a pro-ject essential iii and returned it on July 6. It is now July 19 and I do not have my refund. Sonos received my project and said a credit would be issued within 7 days. It’s now 9 days and 3 phones calls and no one knows why I’m not getting my refund this is totally unacceptable! They are holding my $382 hostage. I have a connect, a sub, playbar and two play ones so you could say I’m a good customer. They take your money when you make a purchase, but don’t issue refunds. I don’t think I can ever do business with Sonos again

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

What is a "pro-ject essential iii" in Sonos terms?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Project is a turntable. You can connect it to a Sonos connect and listen to vinyl records
What does Sonos have to do with a third party product line?

http://project-audio.com/main.php?list=essentialline&cat=turntables&lang=en
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Don’t know why they got involved in it. You can hookup any TT as long as it has a preamp or you buy an external phono amp
Have you purchased the turntable from Sonos?
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I did that’s why I returned it to them
I did that’s why I returned it to them
Found it. It's the product of a third party vendor, that's why it may take longer to refund.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/pro-ject-essential-iii-phono-turntable.html
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Thesil. Thanks for posting. I was able to follow up with our Sales team and it seems you spoke with them as recent as yesterday. The team has reassured me that the refund has been taken care of and you should see the credit in the next 72 hours. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to send me a PM and I will be happy to follow up.

Thanks again for your patience.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Kieth N
Another 72 hours? Why? This makes no sense. The original email sent to me when Sonos logged in my return was : your refund will be processed WITHIN 7 DAYS! So, three more days will make it 12 business days, if indeed I even get it then.
Terrible way to treat a loyal Sonos customer
I ordered a Speak and Booster bar, but due to my house having thick stone walls the system was unable to work. I was very disappointed. I returned the product and received an email on the 8th June, saying I would get a refund for both booster bar and speaker. The email stated I would get my refund within 7 working days. To date I have not received my refund. I received an email dated 18th July asking me for my bank details. As the 8th June email stating I would get my refund in 7 working days made no mention of needing my bank details I was concerned it might be a scam. I've only had time to get back to Sonos today. I have emailed asking why they need my bank details and asking them to refund my card. I don't want to be unreasonable but as I paid by card it would seem logical to expect to be refunded back to the card.