Question

Switching out a Sub?

• 4 February 2017
  • 2 replies

I have a Playbar linked to a Sub. I am considering adding a couple of Play 3s to use in that same room for music only (and dedicate the Playbar for home theater only). How hard is it to reassign the Sub to the Play 3s during those times I want to play music, then reassign it back to work with the Playbar when I want to watch TV instead? What are the steps?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It isn't hard, just a bunch of steps using the controller; it won't take more than a few minutes but it will be tiresome to do frequently. But if you are ok with that, get the 1 units and save some money because once the Sub is added to them, there isn't much more to be gained from the 3 units. More importantly, the Sub needs to be placed somewhere between the two units for best music results; for TV, placement doesn't matter as much.
On the other hand, get a 5 pair for music only, and you may not ever want to add the Sub to it, except on the occasions when you want to rock the neighbourhood.
This is really helpful - thanks. 5's may be the answer!