Question

surround sound setup & Input from a speaker source at different times

• 1 November 2016
  • 3 replies

My Setup

Play Bar and 2 x Play:5 ALL in Surround Sound Mode (Play bar is opposite side from PC - attached to TV)

In the corner, I have my PC sound out connected to one Play:5 speaker

I can only use the input of the speaker as a source when the 3 speakers are not in surround sound mode.

Is this a limitation or am I missing something?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It's a design choice, the line-in on the play:5 is disabled when it's configured as a surround speaker.
Any reason for that? Is there a way to transmit PC Sound Out source via WiFi? Without additional hardware if possible?

So i basically have to un-group speakers, anytime i want to use the PC sound. gutted.
Any reason for that?

Yes, I expect so.

Is there a way to transmit PC Sound Out source via WiFi? Without additional hardware if possible?

No.

So i basically have to un-group speakers, anytime i want to use the PC sound. gutted.

Yes. Or you could get some play:1s, use those as surrounds instead as play:5s are huge overkill for surround and set the 5s up as a separate room for use with the PC. Alternatively plug the PC into a Connect and pass the audio to the Playbar/Play:5s that way.