Answered

Surround or stereo pair

• 12 January 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge
I have a sub a playbar and two play fives. I set them up as a Surround Group.
When I play music, Do the 2 play fives act as a stereo pair?
icon

Best answer by jgatie 12 January 2017, 19:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

hello there, I have been chasing down similar threads but haven’t found an answer yet.

When you switch to full music mode, can the two Play Ones output stereo without activating the Beam? in other words how do you disassociate Beam from Surrounds  in full music mode? The reason being is that my TV and Beam are hidden in a cabinet went not used.

To put it simply,  how do you get the Beam not to play in full music mode? Is the easiest work around to just keep the Beam turned off ?

Thanks for your help!

Not sure, to be honest, but if so, there would be an indicator (red dot) next to the room name indicating the need. It’s not an onerous process, although I guess it could be if you needed to borrow a person with an iOS device.

When you switch to full music mode, can the two Play Ones output stereo without activating the Beam?

No. The Beam will always play in this situation. You can, however, adjust the volume of the surround speakers in the extended room settings.

in other words how do you disassociate Beam from Surrounds  in full music mode? The reason being is that my TV and Beam are hidden in a cabinet went not used.

This can’t be done. They’re either part of the “room”, or their not, you can’t run it both ways simultaneously.

To put it simply,  how do you get the Beam not to play in full music mode? Is the easiest work around to just keep the Beam turned off ?

If you turn off the Beam, there will be no device sending the music to your surround speakers. The Beam is the source of that signal.

Thanks for your help!

And feh on inSided, the maker of the software for this forum, for not allowing me to un-italicize in the middle of a quote in order to provide the answers. My apologies for using the bold to call out my answers.

If you set the surrounds to "Full" mode for music in the Settings, you will get full stereo out of the surrounds for music. The Playbar will still be playing, but the surrounds will now be at full volume instead of just ambient filler.
Badge
Thanks, I thought so, but I want to make sure
Badge +1
If you set the surrounds to "Full" mode for music in the Settings, you will get full stereo out of the surrounds for music. The Playbar will still be playing, but the surrounds will now be at full volume instead of just ambient filler.

A little dated reply, but if you put the surrounds in full mode do you need to redo the trueplay process?