SUGGESTION: Automatic mute or pause when recieving an incoming call...?

• 27 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hi Guys,
I like turning up the volume when i'm home alone, listening to a favorite album or just getting excited over some new music. But I also recieve a lot of phonecalls during the day, which usually has me running head-less around to, either, get to the "pause" button on my sonos-player, or fumbling with my phone to access the Sonos app and mute the sound( sometimes resulting in missing the call).
So here's my suggestion. Why don't you incorporate an automatic mute or pause function of the music playing, when there is an incoming call on the device, last used as a sonos-controller? I think that would be awesome!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Look into the Yonomi app. The app can control Sonos through an API and recognize when you receive a call. You can setup routines to pause/mute a zone or multiple zone when you're on the phone, and turn it back up when done.

Although the feature makes sense in many cases, it does have it's drawbacks. There is no way for Sonos (or Yonomi) to know what zone needs muting. There is also no 'on the fly' ability to not mute the system if you opt to just step outside instead. And of course, you have to be connected to your wifi for this to work.

Personally, I used the feature for a while, but found I prefer to use a remote or manual buttons.
Download Macronos In google play store and in the settings there is an option to pause or turn down Sonos speakers while on phone.