Answered

Sub maintenance

• 14 August 2017
  • 3 replies

Does the Sub need any maintenance in terms of ridding it of accumulated dust where visible? I have mine under a cloth cover that is effective but over the years, dust penetrates. I am a little reluctant to use a brush because I don't know how robust/delicate the two driver cones and surrounds are, hence the question.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 29 September 2017, 00:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey Kumar, a bit late to the party on this one, sorry for the delay. A light dust is fine from time to time if you want to keep it clean. I know some people who just one of those Swifter wipes for it. If you have a glossy finish, you're better off blowing off the dirt or at least making sure no edges get scratched across the surface.
Ryan, thanks but it isn't the box surfaces that are the concern, these are easily dealt with. The port and driver cones visible from the hole in the centre are the ones that have a surface that does not surrender accumulated dust to just a light dusting. The concern is that dusting of the level needed to dislodge that may damage working surfaces.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
For those surfaces, some dust is certainly fine, but if you're worried about cleaning it off, I'd suggest a can of compressed air and a small brush that has long, soft bristles. The standard best practices for cleaning speaker cones applies, you can find lots of suggestions online too.