Answered

streaming music and TV with sonos amp

I am remodeling a back patio and installing 4 ceiling speakers and a TV. With the sonos amp will I be able to stream music to the ceiling speakers and have the TV on minus audio through the tv? How easy is it to switch back to TV audio through the ceiling speakers? Thanks for the help.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 May 2022, 04:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, you can stream music to the speakers while the TV is still on. Just make sure you have TV Autoplay disabled under the Amp’s settings in the Sonos app. To switch back to TV audio, you simply select the room associated with the Amp in the Sonos app and then select the TV option under Browse.

Above is from the FAQ on the amp. I’m confused, does this contradict what you told me? If I want audio from the TV it will only come through two of the four speakers? 

Userlevel 7

Above is from the FAQ on the amp. I’m confused, does this contradict what you told me? If I want audio from the TV it will only come through two of the four speakers? 

If you want a 4.0 setup with two of the in-ceiling speakers acting as surrounds, then two Amps are required. One Amp will power the two front channel speakers and one Amp will power the two rear surround speakers.

But you can connect all four speakers to one Amp which will result in both pairs of speakers playing the two front channels.

My answer to your question above is still accurate with either option.

Got it. Thanks! 

I believe that the installation with two speakers will be just right