streamer wutb display to Sonos ??

• 3 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello. I’m more than happy to airplay from Apple Music to my Sonos speakers but I have a question for you. I’ve been taking a look to Cambridge audio cxn v2 and the new Evo unit (this one is a bit redundant as it comes with an internal amplifier). The idea is to haga a device that I can plug an hdd unit with flac music and connect it to the Sonos speaker. As an aside, it also provides a display where you can see the cover art, title etc. which is also neat. Questions are:

• can the Cambridge audio be connected to Sonos via wifi or only via line in?
  • are there other solutions that provide a display and the capability of playing hdd files?

thanks ! 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Besides using airplay 2, there is no way to wirelessly connect Cambridge Audio and Sonos systems.  The wired option is using a Line In.

As far as a display goes, the Sonos app shows this information, so you could use a tablet if you want something bigger than your phones image.  As far as HDD goes, Sonos does play some Hi Res audio from a local library.