Answered

Stream to my existing speakers using Connect

Badge

I have it setup now to stream to Sonos speakers from my turntable via line-in.

I would like to now stream Spotify/Amazon Music from my iPhone to my stereo speakers. Is this possible?

The speakers are Thiels, powered by monoblock amps (also have a preamp).

Thanks,

icon

Best answer by John B 23 May 2020, 10:30

You can’t stream from your iPhone, but you can play those streaming services using the Sonos app on your phone.  If you haven’t done so already, you will need to add the music service(s) to your Sonos system (although you could also use the Spotify app directly).

Then you need to connect one of the Connect’s outputs to an input on your amplifier (I assume on the pre-amp) - if using stereo RCA it could be any input except phono, e.g. CD, Aux, Tape in.  Make sure the amp is set to use that input, then just select the Connect ‘room’ and select the music you want to play from the streaming service.

(The Connect has digital outputs too, which you could use instead of the analog connection if the pre-amp has a built-in DAC and digital inputs.)

View original

2 replies

You can’t stream from your iPhone, but you can play those streaming services using the Sonos app on your phone.  If you haven’t done so already, you will need to add the music service(s) to your Sonos system (although you could also use the Spotify app directly).

Then you need to connect one of the Connect’s outputs to an input on your amplifier (I assume on the pre-amp) - if using stereo RCA it could be any input except phono, e.g. CD, Aux, Tape in.  Make sure the amp is set to use that input, then just select the Connect ‘room’ and select the music you want to play from the streaming service.

(The Connect has digital outputs too, which you could use instead of the analog connection if the pre-amp has a built-in DAC and digital inputs.)

Badge

Thanks John! Works great, used digital output from Connect.