Stacking the New Sonos Port

• 5 September 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Enthusiast I
  • 54 replies
The Sonos Amp was designed to be stackable. I was hoping the new Sonos Port would be designed to also be mix-and-match stackable (in an install with multiple Amps and Ports).

Unfortunately that does not appear to be true, as the physical dimensions of the Port are quite different from (smaller than) the Amp. The Port FAQ is silent about this matter.

So, Sonos, what’s the recommended way to install multiple Amps and Ports in a stacked but not rack mounted configuration?

Thanks.

(P.S. Also a bit surprised to see there is only coax, not optical, digital output.)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I asked your question on the announcement thread.

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/introducing-sonos-port-brilliant-sound-connected-6829498
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Doesn't it have an external power supply?

If so, there wont be much heat being produced by the Port itself.... so I could imagine it being stackable?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I think I answered your question in the announcement post, but for the sake of having it here:

Port has a different footprint than Amp, so they don't fit exactly on top of each other, but in an AV rack, they look pretty great together.

nevermind 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
nevermind :)
Ok 😀