Question

Speakers won't reconnect to Sonos controller

• 27 October 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
When I updated the Sonos app it left a couple of my speakers disconnected and they won't reconnect.

This is strange because, although our bedroom speaker doesn't appear in the list of available speakers in the Sonos controller, it still turns on each morning at 6am in line with our daily alarm. So the system must still be connected to this speaker.

When I go through the procedure to connect the speaker again, I get to the point where you have to press the two buttons on the top of the speaker. At this point the Sonos app clearly instantly reacts to these buttons being pressed because it switches to the next screen. It then tries to connect the speaker but always fails to do so and invites me to try again.

I have rebooted the wireless network too and also reset the Bridge.

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have exactly the same problem, the update happened and now I cannot connect my SONOS 3 speaker
Really need help as I only have 1 speaker....
Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not wireless problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details