Question

Sound disappearing from Connect:Amp

• 8 April 2017
  • 4 replies

I have a connect:amp wired to my router, but have recently started getting an issue with the sound disappearing shortly after play starts. I will play a track which may be off my NAS or Spotify (it seems to make no difference), and within a few seconds the volume drops down to an inaudible level. When I try to turn in back up, the sound disappears all together although the track continues to play.
I am at a loss as to what to try, since I don't get this issue with either of the connects on the system, and any advice at all would be welcomed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hello! I have the same problem. Did you find any solution?
I don't own a Connect myself, but I've got an idea, and a suggestion.

Since it's not an analog input, it's clear it isn't something that might be resolved by changing to compressed input, so I'm wondering if the power supply on the Connect is not stable. Not sure how to check that, though.

Which brings me to my suggestion. Within 10 minutes of this occurring, submit a diagnostic from your controller app, and post the number here. That will give the folks at Sonos access to the last several minutes (about 10, I think) of your log files, which might give them a better clue as to what is happening on your system. Or, call in to the phone number at www.sonos.com/contact with the number.

Just don't run the diagnostic and not tell someone, since they probably get thousands a day, and wouldn't know what it was they were looking at without some indication, either by phone or by post here, what they were looking for.
Thanks for the replies, but I am afraid the solution was much more simple than I expected. I unplugged the amp for a minute, and during this time I unplugged all the connections, and reconnected them, making sure they were secure, and that did the trick, everything working fine now.:)
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Thanks for the replies, but I am afraid the solution was much more simple than I expected. I unplugged the amp for a minute, and during this time I unplugged all the connections, and reconnected them, making sure they were secure, and that did the trick, everything working fine now.:)

Hey Basil1965 - I'm glad to hear resettling the connections on the CONNECT:AMP helped to resolve the issue. If anything comes back up, don't hesitate to reach back out here and we'll take a closer look.