Answered

Sony WH-1000xm4 headphone

• 15 December 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi, I have a Sony WH-1000xm4 headphone.   Can I connect this to my Sonos Arc soundbar ?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 15 December 2020, 11:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

No. What are you trying to play through your headphones?

I want to listen to the TV sound.  My wife goes to bed earlier than me and i don’t want to disturb her with too loud sound from the soundbar, so I would use the sony Bluetooth headphone.

Userlevel 7

Can you connect your headphones directly to your TV? Are you using any sort of external media device like a Roku?

Can you connect your headphones directly to your TV? Are you using any sort of external media device like a Roku?

Yes found out i can to my Samsung q90r.  But the problem now is if i select for the headphone, it jumps back automatically to receiver (which is Sonos Arc soundbar).

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could try to turn off HDMI-CEC (Anynet+) for the time you want to use the headphones.

You could try to turn off HDMI-CEC (Anynet+) for the time you want to use the headphones.

Oh thnx, try that later on, i’m not at home atm. 

Update : that worked !!! Thanks.

Oh thnx, try that later on, i’m not at home atm. 

Update : that worked !!! Thanks.

Got another question now tho :  with selection for the headphone (Sony WH1000XM4), dolby Atmos is not available on the Netflix app on Samsung TV, dolby digital is selected but NOT dolby digital+ which gives you Dolby Atmos sound.  Any ideas ?

The Sony ‘XM4 doesn’t support Atmos, nor does it do Dolby Digital to my knowledge. There is the ‘360 Reality Audio’ format (a bit of a gimmick IMHO) but you’d need a compatible music player app (and content) for that.

In terms of Bluetooth codecs, the ‘XM4 supports LDAC, AAC and SBC. It wouldn’t surprise me if the TV could only send it SBC, though the Sony’s DSEE will try and make the best of that. The Sony app will tell you what it’s receiving. Presumably the TV is downmixing Dolby from the Netflix app to stereo.