Question

Sonosnet repeater/extender

• 8 November 2016
  • 4 replies

So prior to joining the Beta I used my speakers as extender/repeaters for my wireless signal. Is it no longer a viable option within the Beta program? I no longer see the speakers in my list of wireless points nor can I find the sonosnet option in my sonos controller on my android machines or Windows desktop.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You must have a local problem, as I don't see this.

Try toggling the setting at Settings|AdvancedSettings|ConnectToSonosNet
From what I understand in order to install the beta app you have to uninstall the old app first, this will lose controller specific settings (ie any settings not stored on the players themselves), such as Connect to Sonosnet.
So prior to joining the Beta I used my speakers as extender/repeaters for my wireless signal. Is it no longer a viable option within the Beta program?
No such changes in the beta. If you ever configured your WiFi details into Sonos and the wire to the first component is not working, then the system could have switched to WiFi mode ('Standard Setup'). Look in About My Sonos System. Do you see 'WM:0' (SonosNet mode) against the units, or 'WM:1' (WiFi mode)?
From what I understand in order to install the beta app you have to uninstall the old app first, this will lose controller specific settings (ie any settings not stored on the players themselves), such as Connect to Sonosnet.
Yes, but the OP says his Desktop Controller has no SonosNet setting either. Sounds like the system's in WiFi mode.