Answered

Sonos ZP80 Connecting Problem

• 1 February 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hello there,

I have a Sonos ZP80 and trying to connect it using my Sonos s1 app on iPhone.

When I plugged it to power the light is still flashing white and never stop and I am unable to connect to the ZP80!!
I tried to hard reset the ZP80 and the App several times , But unfortunately I still unable to connect.

Please help.

icon

Best answer by Antifon 2 February 2021, 00:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Presumably it has come from someone else’s system? If it is flashing white then you can’t have done a factory reset on it - it should (eventually) sit there with the play/pause button flashing green.

To reset properly, simply hold the play/pause button while applying power, and keep it held down until you get a white/orange light pattern.

Badge

Dear Antifon, 

Indeed the system belongs to someone else, I followed your steps and I successfully factory reset my ZP80 and it’s working properly and the problem solved.

BIG thanks for your help and support.

Sameh

Badge

Unfortunately the device made it gain! :( 
After I factory reset it and set it up and played the music, When I power it down and power it up again (as a test), The ZP80 Made it again and still flashing white and still can’t connect! 

What should I do now?????

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Thank you @Antifon for your help.

Hi there @SaMeH.

Thanks for reaching out, let me check it for you.

To better understand what’s going on, please submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app while the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Badge

Hi Annazel,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue in a simple explaining is that the ZP80 is still flashing white while worming up and never stop and I cannot connect to it.

Onetime before it worked and connected and I submitted the diagnostic report (Attached) and then returned back to flashing white and can’t connect.

please advise.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @SaMeH.

Thanks for the immediate response. Upon checking on the diagnostic report, there’s no associated player on your system hence, there are 2 households/Sonos system that was created on your account, and possibly the player is associated on the other system. When a Sonos unit’s LED light is on ‘flashing white’ status, it can be either Sonos product is booting up after being plugged into power, or Sonos product is waiting to receive an IP address from the router.

Due to the nature of this issue, it’s best to reach out to Sonos Support to take a closer look and diagnose the unit in real-time. I suggest contacting our phone team, for they have more resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.

Badge

Thanks Annazel for your prompt reply.

actually yes I was having 2 Sonos systems before, But its belonging to someone else.

now I have only the ZP80.

Thanks for your feedback about the issue.

I was trying before to reach Sonos support by phone, But the recorded message told me that the office is closed now.

Can you told me in which time can I call the Sonos support, Since I am calling from Cairo, Egypt and the time is different.

Thanks in Advance 

Sameh Soliman

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @SaMeH.

Thanks for your response.

Our contact information and hours can be found on this link: Sonos Support 

The contact number is 1-800-680-2345

Their hours of operations are Mon-Fri 10:00 AM - 8:30 PM ET

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.