Question

Sonos with Yamaha interaction

• 4 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Hello, I own a yamaha receiver and one sonos play1 (thinking of adding more)...I understand that with a sonos connect I will be able to transmit music from my sonos to my yamaha system, but I more interested in the opposite...so the question is: Will I be able to transmit audio from my yamaha (for example what i play there with airplay) to the sonos speakers in other rooms?
Since connect is a rather expensive addition I would appreciate a certain answer

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

First of all thanks for the answer...secondly I think sonos connect is supposed to do that without problems right? I mean they advertise that i can listen my cds and dvds (that i put in my receiver) through sonos right? The delay as long as it is not noticeable (hearable) in the house is ok...its not supposed to be? Right? has anyone done it?

Ratty are you suggesting i have them connected with 2 cables? One optical one other or the two analogs (in and out)? In and out and the opposite? Is this possible? Will I be ok then?
Will I be able to transmit audio from my yamaha (for example what i play there with airplay) to the sonos speakers in other rooms?
Yes. You'd use a REC out.

But as there's a 70ms delay through Sonos (for uncompressed Line-In, much more for compressed) you'd not be able to play the Yamaha's speakers and Sonos in sync, unless you fed the signal back from the CONNECT into the Yamaha. That way the Yamaha's speakers would be equally delayed.