Sonos using a wireless connection from a range extender

• 1 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge
I recently added a Netgear Range extender to a room that was having trouble getting a strong wifi signal but not for Sonos use. I have a Bridge and a mix of 7 different Sonos Components. Now, I keep getting a message that "Some Sonos players are using the wireless connection from your range extender device. You will be unable to play music in a group of rooms including such a player. To ensure playback in all grouped rooms, you will need a Boost or a player permanently wired to your router." I have a Bridge hardwired to my router. I don't know how a device connected to the extender and I can't figure out which one it is. I have even unplugged the extender and I'm still getting the message. I have been able to play all of my units in groups but I'm getting some occasional drop out. Today, everything is working well but I keep getting the message anytime I change groupings. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Same here. For me, it started when I took my furthest Play 1, which had dodgy wifi, and hooked it to an ethernet switch which is backhauled by a wifi ptp link (TP Link Pharos). Is it caused by the perception of latency?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello, anappy. Are you still having this weird behavior when grouping? If so, you may want to speak with one of our technicians on the phone. They can troubleshoot with you in real time to get everything back up and running. Here is the information to give us a call on our support line.