Sonos Upgrade programme

• 18 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

New here so greetings!

Quick question, I have been given a ZP90 and all of my other components are s2 compatible. I have created an s1 compatible network just for the zp90 but it is not showing as eligible for the upgrade program.

Do I need to do something config wise to get it registered for the upgrade programme?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I’ve never seen a complete description of exactly how this aspect of a Sonos account works, but as I understand it, if the device has previously been registered to a different Sonos account and has been displayed as “Eligible” there, it cannot immediately show as “Eligible” on your account. That seems to be because, if it did, both the old and new owner could claim the discount.

In my personal experience, if the product is still eligible then it should show up as such within 48 hours. That is the longest that I have had to wait. I assume that during that period it disappears from the old user’s account before reappearing (as Eligible) in the new user’s account. But I’ve no way of knowing for sure because I’ve never been both the buyer and seller of an eligible unit!

Badge +20

Of course it’s entirely feasible that the person who gave it to you has already claimed the discount.

Thanks. They have assured me they haven’t. Thanks for your help both, much appreciated.

Since it hasn’t been mentioned here, I do need to emphasize that the device needs to have been factory reset, and added to your account as a ‘new’ device. If you’ve just wired it to your system, it won’t show up on the web page as being “yours” until you do that.

Thanks all. It is now showing correctly