Answered

sonos turnable

• 26 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Just got a Sonos Turnable and I want to know how can make it play to all my actual sonos speaker ? I don’t have Sonos 5 . Do I need to buy port Sonos ? Amp Sonos ? Or Sonos 5 ? 
just want to cheapest way to make my turnable sonos play to all my actual Sonos system ? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 26 December 2021, 15:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I take it this was a gift. I can’t imagine that you yourself bought a turntable without considering how to connect it. 
You’ll need a Sonos unit with a Line-In:  a Port, an Amp or a Five/Play:5. Unless you have an external amp or speakers a Port or Amp would be a waste, and a Five would make more sense. 

You will need to use a Sonos product that has a line-in port, such as:

• Port/Connect
  • Amp/Connect:Amp
  • Five/Play:5

A turntable with built-in/external pre-amp can connect to the Line-In which becomes an audio source you can play to the Sonos device or other Sonos devices, which can also be grouped together for playing the audio throughout the Home. 

Aauming your current setup is an S2 system, my suggestion would be to go for the ‘Five’ as you also get a great speaker too with that option, that’s if you can find use for the additional speaker of course.

If your system is S1, then also check here for S1 compatibility:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4786

Hi Griffith 

Tkx for your clear answer ! I don’t have anymore space for the Sonos 5 :( If I understanf I can use the Port to connect my new Sonos Turnable and all my actual Sonos speaker will play the music ? 

tks again 

Hi Griffith 

Tkx for your clear answer ! I don’t have anymore space for the Sonos 5 :( If I understanf I can use the Port to connect my new Sonos Turnable and all my actual Sonos speaker will play the music ? 

tks again 

See this link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3548?language=en_US