Answered

Sonos Sub In & out of Sync

• 10 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello to All,

I am new to this Forum and would appreciate an expert input!  ;-)

My Sonos sub bass is sounding In & out of Sync; as if the “bass” is delayed; few songs sound good but then the sub goes out of sync. So it is an intermittent issue. PS: this sub is wired to the home network as it is far away from the Sonos Amp. Any suggestions? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 10 January 2022, 02:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What happens if the Sub is wireless?

The issue will of course be the wired network latency. Assuming there is absolutely no way to run the Sub over a direct 5Ghz Ad-hoc low-latency wireless connection to the Amp, your best bet, depending on what you may have in place already, is to perhaps look to improve on the wired network latency, perhaps by wiring the Amp and Sub direct to the router/switch, or direct to the ‘same’ switch, rather than say different switches, or maybe try wiring the Sub via the Amp and then back to the router and see if any of those arrangements may possibly improve things, but a 5Ghz direct WiFi connection between the two players would be the ideal option, if at all possible.

What happens if the Sub is wireless?

It will not connect; unfortunately, the Amp is too far! Thanks!

The issue will of course be the wired network latency. Assuming there is absolutely no way to run the Sub over a direct 5Ghz Ad-hoc low-latency wireless connection to the Amp, your best bet, depending on what you may have in place already, is to perhaps look to improve on the wired network latency, perhaps by wiring the Amp and Sub direct to the router/switch, or direct to the ‘same’ switch, rather than say different switches, or maybe try wiring the Sub via the Amp and then back to the router and see if any of those arrangements may possibly improve things, but a 5Ghz direct WiFi connection between the two players would be the ideal option, if at all possible.

Hi Ken,

I will ask my Audio/Video tech and try you have suggested! I hope it will work! Thank you,