Question

Sonos stops playing music after several hours

• 4 November 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge
I like to leave my Sonos on all day and when we leave out of town. It always stops playing after several hours. ( we listen to Pandora or tunein radio stations). Anyone know how to fix this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Many free services automatically stop a stream after a period of a few hours. This is precisely to prevent them playing to empty rooms, wastefully consuming server capacity and internet bandwidth.
Many free services automatically stop a stream after a period of a few hours. This is precisely to prevent them playing to empty rooms, wastefully consuming server capacity and internet bandwidth.
Indeed. @John_46 - all you have to do is press the physical pause button on the speaker on leaving, and then again on return.
I like to leave my Sonos on all day and when we leave out of town.
I haven't understood the reason for the second part - but I think if you have a paid service, it ought to be possible.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Indeed. @John_46 - all you have to do is press the physical pause button on the speaker on leaving, and then again on return.

Just confirming this all is correct. Pandora has an 8 hour timeout period. After 8 hours of no activity, it'll stop playing.

If your goal is to have music on all the time, you could set alarms at 8 hour intervals with no time limit on them.