Sonos Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I recently acquired the turntable. There are 2 issues that are different than all other turntables I have owned. I would like to know whether what I am experiencing with the Pro-Ject T1 a defect or if this is how it is supposed to function.

1. Once the LP playing reaches the end, the arm is supposed to come to it's resting position but it stays at the end and keeps spinning. This cannot be good for the needle or the record.
  2. Even if I manually return the arm to it's resting position, the turntable keeps spinning. I have to switch off the appliance for the turntable to stop spinning

Thanks for any guidance.

2 replies

Note that this is not a Sonos device, it is made by Pro-Ject, and re-sold by Sonos. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

The turntable is functioning as designed.

The aim is obtain the “best and purest” sound and therefore excludes features that would compromise this objective. Any form of auto return of the tone arm would potentially impact upon the ability of the arm to track the groves of the record accurately. The same is true of auto stop, although I would think that there are engineering solutions to that.