Answered

Sonos Port Sync.

• 12 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi, i’m using a Sonos Port supplying a pair of Devialet Phantom Reactors. My question is, since these speakers have a slightly longer processing time that can’t be avoided, is it possible, when in multiroom to have a facility on the app to introduce a delay slider on other sonos products so I can sync them, I have a stereo pair of moves and although they are very good, the delay makes it sound like i’m in a cave when using both port and moves.TIA

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 25 May 2020, 18:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Hi @NeoBonham. Thank for responding and welcome to the Community.

The Port does have a latency adjuster. However, this was designed with the intention of use for TV dialog syncing. Although I cannot confirm this will fix the problem, it would be our only current setting to adjust delay. I would be happy to pass your feedback along as a feature request.

Thank you for your response. The delay affects all speakers including line out on the port which doesnt help in my case, it would need to introduce a delay on all speakers except the line out on the port for it to work. If you could pass it on that would be great, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I am requesting the same feature in order to sync Sonos and non-sonos speaker. Best regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @moa459.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out. 

I would be more than happy to send this to our engineering team as a feature request. However, I would also like to set your expectation that we do not have any turn-around-time for the feature request to be addressed. However, I would like to recommend subscribing to this thread and keep an eye out for any announcement on our announcement thread for any updates that might be released or have already been released.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further issues or concerns.

Thanks,

Dear Paul, thanks a lot. Most probably the problem could be resolved using the cel mic. Like trueplay maybe… best regards

Any news?

Any news?

This has been asked about for well over a decade. In my opinion it simply isn’t going to happen.

If a Port’s audio is delayed by third party equipment downstream, the only solution would be to delay all the other members of the group. It’s not an easy problem. What delay would be applied if there were two Ports (or Connects) each driving third party equipment with different in-built processing delays? How would the transition be handled as players were added to, or removed from, the group? And so forth.

By the way the ‘Best answer’ post above is wrong. There is no latency adjustment in the Port. It only applies to the home theatre products.