Question

Sonos Port, Playbar and AV Receiver.

• 10 October 2020
  • 3 replies

• Contributor II
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I’m trying to connect my built in (non-sonos) ceiling and wall speakers to my existing Sonos Playbar and Sub in my living room.

I’ve purchased a Denon AVR-X6500H AV Receiver that supports multiple zones (I need multiple zones).

I’ve purchased a Sonos Port.

I’ve setup Port on my iOS app and it asked me which room, I selected the main room that was already setup, it created a duplicate of the room and numbered it #2. In the app under the device in Family Room #2, it shows the Line-In as “Disconnected” even though I have the RCA cables setup per below diagram. 

I have not connected the wires for the prewired built in house speakers to the AV receiver yet. Waiting on the wires to arrive in the mail. However, I should be able to use the Sonos speakers for now, no?

I’m not receiving any audio at all but I see video. What am I missing that needs to be corrected?

Here’s my wiring diagram as of this moment:

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

A quick thought, if the Playbar is not compatible for this setup, would another Sonos product be? If so, which?

It’s most likely your A/v receiver is sending something other than a Dolby Digital signal to the TV. Sonos PLAYBARs are limited to that and stereo.

It is unhelpful to post the same question twice.

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/sonos-port-playbar-av-receiver-and-prewired-house-speakers-6849247?postid=16479491#post16479491