Answered

Sonos Port: no "start" button?

• 7 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

On my other Sonos Plays, I use the top button to restart the previous service/music that I was listeting to. Way more convenient/faster than using the iOS app…

No such trick on the Port without any button on this box, right?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 7 January 2020, 15:01

Hi User573051

You are correct. There are no touch controls on the port. I suspect the thinking was that the Port would be bringing Sonos audio to a device with it’s own volume/play/pause controls.

The exception being a Turn Table (with built-in or external pre-amp) connected via the Ports RCA-in using powered speakers via the Ports RCA-out. However, some powered speakers have a volume remote.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi User573051

You are correct. There are no touch controls on the port. I suspect the thinking was that the Port would be bringing Sonos audio to a device with it’s own volume/play/pause controls.

The exception being a Turn Table (with built-in or external pre-amp) connected via the Ports RCA-in using powered speakers via the Ports RCA-out. However, some powered speakers have a volume remote.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

On my other Sonos Plays, I use the top button to restart the previous service/music that I was listeting to. Way more convenient/faster than using the iOS app…

Ikea has a wireless remote that will work with Port to give play/pause/volume /next/previous (almost like the two planned it this way )

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/symfonisk-sound-remote-white-20370482/

Badge +1

This Ikea remote will work with all Sonos devices?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7

Ikea has a wireless remote that will work with Port to give play/pause/volume /next/previous (almost like the two planned it this way )

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/symfonisk-sound-remote-white-20370482/

@User573051 

Please let us know how well the Ikea solution works and if it’s simple to setup. Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

This Ikea remote will work with all Sonos devices?

Thanks.

As far as I know, haven't tried it (yet)